Novum Design Award
Furniture Design Category
Leea learning tower
kids furniture, multifunctional
Leea's Tower is a multi functional convertible play furniture designed for kids from 1 to 5 years of age. It transforms in seconds from observation tower to activity desk , slide and high chair. It also includes a shape sorter game and a table hockey game, made of already existing parts. It can be accessorized with activity boards for even more activities. It is on wheels and can be moved from one place to another easily.
Leea's Tower was created by a father trying to solve the real problems that modern parenting faces:
- to provide inspiration for parents in setting diverse educational activities for kids
- to decrease the large number of physical objects needed for a limited period of time in order to entertain and educate a growing child
- to keep kids away from screens
- to make physical reality interesting again
- to provide context for adult-child interaction and connection
Design has followed function. Biggest challenge was to be able to fit as many functions as possible in a minimal space. Also , switching from one function to another had to be absolutely easy and fast. Design had to be simple and robust, and absolutely safe for the use of children.
DESIGN SCORE: /100
Novum Design Award Winner in